Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dear John Patrick

Dear John Patrick,

It is so hard to believe that you are seven months old already! It seems like only a short time ago your mommy and I were playing with each other in our clubhouse as kids, and now, my little sister is a mommy! Although it is hard for me to believe that she has a baby sometimes, I just want to let you know that you have a great mommy! She loves you so much! I probably shouldn't tell you this, but you've got her wrapped around your finger. But, I think you've pretty much figured that out by now.

I want you to know that I'm on to you! You give me one flash of that smile and my heart melts. When I haven't seen you in a few days, my heart literally aches for you. When you see me you just give me that big smile or sweet laugh and I make sure you have everything you need or want. I'm going to have to start putting my foot down before you get to be a big boy!

The two of us have a very special bond, and it started when you were just a few hours old. The night you were born, your mommy was very tired from all the hard work she did to have you and you woke up in the middle of the night and I picked you up and you slept on my chest until the nurses came to get you.

You were in the hospital for a week after you were born and I was there every single day. Mommy and I knew you would be okay, but we hated seeing you in the PICU. You know, I saw you every day for the entire first month of your life! I was so happy that mommy lives so close to my work and I was able to go and see you every day on my lunch break and after work. I wanted to help your mommy any way I could, and it was just a special bonus that I got to spend time with you!

I have been around lots of babies, and you are one of, if not the most, happy baby I have ever seen! From the time you wake up you are in a good mood. When you sleep over with Tio Larry and I, you always wake me up by laughing and talking to me. I never mind waking up early when you're here. Too bad you're not here everyday!

God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave you to us, and I thank Him every day for you!


I love you so!

Tia Tina

1 comment:

  1. Querida Christina,
    Lastima que no tenemos mucho tiempo para estar chequeando tus blogs y comentarlos... nos tardamos mucho en leerlos ;) Pero aunque no los comentemos, los leemos y así estamos enterados de como les va!
    Que Dios te bendiga a ti y a Larrilucho..
    Y ya sabes quien te escribe!

    ReplyDelete