Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Week As A Mommy!



On Tuesday, July 14th, our nephew, John Patrick came to stay with us for a week while his mommy went to Hawaii. We had such a great time together! I must say that his mommy (my sister, Erika) has done a great job with him because he is a wonderful baby! I couldn't believe how easy he was!

I didn't take time off from work, so every morning I got up early so that I could take him to daycare and still make it to work on time. I was sure that he would wake me up every morning by the crack of dawn, so I wouldn't have any excuses for being late, but I was wrong! He went to sleep every night by 8:30pm and then woke up between 4 or 5 am, but if I just laid him right beside me, he would go right back to sleep until I woke him up to get him dressed. So, I was able to get up take a shower and get ready all before he woke up, and then I would just get him dressed, put him in the carseat and we were off. He doesn't even eat until he gets to the sitters!

He is such a happy baby! We really enjoyed eachother. We went for a walk around the neighborhood, we went to the mall just to walk around, we went out for lunch and dinner, we went to visit friends and family - and all the while I couldn't stop taking pictures and videos of him on my phone and uploading them to Facebook and sending them to his mommy. It was so much fun that I've told my sister that she can go out of town WHENEVER she wants!

I just love him so much and can't get enough of him. I'm sure you'll agree how cute he is!


My sweet, precious little nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment