Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy REALLY Belated Birthday Robbie!!

Robbie, I started writing this post before your birthday, and just haven’t found the time to blog at all since then. Just wanted to let you know that I didn’t forget you and I love you very much! Sorry it’s so late!!



Many of you don’t know my brother, Robbie. Let me first say that God definitely had his hand in bringing him into our lives so long ago. 23 years ago, when Robbie was just 6 weeks old, Robbie’s mom, Tomi, saw a notice on the church bulletin about a woman who babysat kids in her home. After just one meeting with my mom, Tomi was convinced she had found the right person to watch her baby. From that point on, he was at our house from 6 am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday until he was ten years old.

He instantly became part of our family. My mom spoke to him in Spanish (sometimes Tomi would have to call and ask us what he was asking for), and he grew up calling my mom “Mami” and my dad “Papi”. My dad had always wanted a son, and with Robbie’s father not in the picture, he was able to step in and he and my brother have a great bond. I know now that this was all part of God’s amazing plan for my brother. As a little boy, Robbie even had an explanation for how he fit into our family and when people asked him where he was born, he would say “In Venezuela at HEB on Highway 6 next to the apples”.

With 4 older sisters (Amanda is 3 months older than him) and an older brother, Robbie sure did have a lot of people bossing him around when he was younger (he might argue that he STILL has a lot of people bossing him around), but he isn’t bitter about it. He has the most giving spirit of anyone I know. He is truly selfless. Growing up he would do anything asked of him, and that hasn’t changed a bit over the years.

Robbie is an actor. He has been “acting” ever since he learned to walk and talk and let me tell you, he is hilarious! I am not exaggerating when I tell you that he has made me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts over a message he left on our answering machine. He currently participates in plays in the San Antonio area, but I have no doubt that he WILL make it to Los Angeles or New York one day. 



Robbie & Amanda dancing to Grease at my birthday party

Robbie had the privilege (or some might say the misfortune) of being my other baby along with Amanda. He was always so sweet and would keep me company whenever I needed it. He’s the best person to sing a duet with in the car, the most awesome person to have a cleaning party with and the most amazing person to have pray with you.

Robbie, I am so proud of the man you have become. You have never used situations in your life as excuses, but have learned from them and grown into a strong yet compassionate man. I thank God that he has given me you as my brother, you are absolutely the perfect choice!

1 comment: